Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shifting Focus

Now that the weather has suddenly turned nice, my focus is drawn outside. It is becoming more and more difficult to do things inside. Part of my downfall as a photographic artist is that in the summer my focus tends to shift toward landscape projects and that I have so little time to work on my art work. I have not hit the point yet were I am actually making any money as an artist and therefore have to rely on other sources of income to sustain myself. The advantage is that I am very passionate about working in landscape and it also allows me to stock up a financial reserve that allows for creative winter months when I am shut inside. Today I am going to attempt to find a balance between both. I am going to spend this morning working outside and the afternoon on photography. I have a model coming at 2 and we will work on some new images. The older I get the harder it becomes to leap from one thing to another and maintain the balance. Now I have added this blog into my morning mix. Ideally at this point in my life I would like to begin to focus on just one thing. In my heart that is the photography of half naked men. It is the thing I am most passionate about. I have put all of my energies and effort into it for the past 4 and a half months and it still hasn’t quite taken off yet. I am not making any money off of any of it. I am beginning to realize that perhaps the things we are most passionate about are not the things that can sustain us. Perhaps they should be just left as passions that we merely dabble in. Lucky I am passionate about other things that can make money on.

VIEW FULL IMAGE: Matthew #104

No comments: